Monday, 26 March 2012

Happy Birthday 3DS

The 3DS has been out now for over a year and after a bad launch and a worrying few months it's found it's feet and is selling by the truck load. In celebration of its birthday I'll be doing a run down of what I think are its greatest games.

Super Mario 3D Land

It may not be the greatest Mario game Nintendo have made but it deserves your attention because a) it's an all round great game and b) it's one of the few 3DS games to really put the 3D to proper, game enhancing use.

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D

Some argue it should've stayed on consoles but I think they're mad. This is the definitive version of a great game, if you own a 3DS you should buy it. The controls, graphics, sound and story are all superb.

Resident Evil:Revelations

A real return to form for the series after Resident Evil 5 and proof that Nintendo can still get some truly great hardcore third party titles. It also helps that the game features the best graphics that the 3DS has. An absolute master class in game making, I hope they do more.

The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time 3D

I have to admit the experience was different for me because playing this version was the first time I'd ever played a Zelda game but even so the experience was jaw dropping and its cemented my love of the Zelda series. It's a great game and this is a great update of it.

Mario Kart 7

Ever since the GameCube I've loved Mario Kart games but this one is definitely the best of the lot. The addition of flying and being able to customise your Kart's has only added to what was already a great formula and the tracks that they chose are superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment