Friday, 25 May 2012

Weekly Round Up: May 25th

To try and keep some new ideas coming into the blog I've decided to try doing a new weekly roundup post which I'll do on Friday every week. This is the first one and hopefully it will be something you like.

Gaming wise I've had quite a cool week, I've reached West Elizabeth in my replay of Red Dead Redemption and have been left feeling pumped for a potential sequel (forget GTA, RDR is much better). Other than that I've tried desperately to like Heavy Rain but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've continued to be annoyed by the lack of EA servers on Battlefield 3, all I want is to play a normal game of conquest on a normal map rotation without stupid rules, is that too much to ask? I've also reached the halfway point of Uncharted: Golden Abyss and decided that I think most reviews for it are a bit unfair, it isn't as good as Uncharted 3 of course, but it really is easily as good as the first one. I've also got Starhawk, (my review for which is the post below this one) and will likely spend a lot of time on that over the next few weeks.

Next week, providing LoveFilm have copies, I'll hopefully be reviewing Mortal Kombat for the PS Vita (at last!) as well as Dragon's Dogma and Ghost Recon: Recon Future Soldier for the PS3, I'll also be looking at some games that I think are criminally underrated as well as looking at how people play games. There may also be some other things that I haven't quite thought of yet, you'll have to wait until next week to see.

Over the weekend I'll be playing some Starhawk as well as hopefully finishing my replay of Red Dead Redemption, I may even get round to finishing Golden Abyss. If you have the time and feel inclined to talk to me, tell me what you'll be playing over the weekend, it might be something I'd like to have a go on.

Just to finish off I'll leave you the links to my main posts this week,

Mass Effect 3 Ending DLC: http://robcarrollgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/boycott-mass-effect-3-ending-dlc.html

Mature Gaming: http://robcarrollgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/journey-heavy-rain-and-mature-gaming.html

The PS4: http://robcarrollgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/what-ps-vita-tells-us-about-ps4.html

And, just as a little something for those of you who are fans of old school fantasy RPG's, you should all read Jeff Vogel's blog, he's the guy behind Spiderweb Software and his blog is pretty cool, here's the link: http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.co.uk/

Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Nice One Rob .... Like It

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I think this a good idea. I've had a busy week work wise that hasn't left much time for games and relaxation. Heavy rain has featured with me this week. Not too sure what to make of it different experience, but will keep at it.

    Sun's been good and bad too hot to work, might get a bit more time next week.

    Like the blog

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes agree with the first comment, good idea, like it.

    Hope others do too

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like reading your blog. I don't look every day. I played uncharted quite a bit. Thought your idea about lovefilm a great idea read it on another bit of your blog.

    ReplyDelete