Friday, 1 June 2012

Red Dead Redemption 2

For me Red Dead Redemption is one of the greatest games of this generation. In fact, it is one of the greatest games of all time and I think, of all of Rockstar's games, it is their best. The characters are memorable, the story is deep and doesn't have a dull moment and the gameplay is incredible. It offers incredible single player and multiplayer and has some great DLC.

I got the game on launch day when it came out two years ago and have been playing it ever since. When I got rid of my 360 one of the first PS3 games I bought was Red Dead. The one thing it's missing? A sequel, or rather, a prequel. You see, SPOILER, with Marston dead they can't really do a sequel.

So I was talking with a friend of mine and he came up with a great idea. The second game (which is rumoured to actually exist) should be set when Marston was part of Dutch's gang and should be called, this is the genius part, Red Dead Damnation.

The story of Redemption is full fledged and it stands alone very well but the referencing of the past does open up a lot of space to explore that side of Marston's life and, let's face it, with all of the awesome bank robberies and shoot outs they got involved in it would make a great action packed game, maybe it could culminate with the gang leaving him for dead?

Whether or not there actually will be a sequel however remains to be seen and even if there is we'll have to wait for Grand Theft Auto V to be released first.

4 comments:

  1. 'Red Dead Damnation.'

    Now there's a thought....

    I have always enjoyed Red Dead Redemption

    Naj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope we get a sequel. I am excited for GTA5 but a Red Dead sequel would really get me pumped.

      Delete
  2. its far from the best game ever made, ocarina of time is the best game ever made if you do some research..., the game was ok but nothing compared to games like gta and saints row but i still hope they make a second game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said it was, but for me it's in the top ten. Lol you can't research the best game ever, it's all opinion. For me, Orcarina is probably top twenty, but not top ten. My personal favourite is MGS one.

      Delete