Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Usain Bolt: World's Fastest Man

The London 2012 Olympics are just around the corner and although I don't really care about them (I'm not really a huge sports fan) I thought it would be good to do an Olympics related gaming post. The question was what on earth should I write about?

Well it turns out Usain Bolt is a big PlayStation fan. There was a programme on the other day about him and in it he was asked the inevitable "So what do you do to relax?" question and he said that he was into PlayStation. Personally I think this is a good thing for gaming. The stereotypical lard and glasses nerd monster that most people think of when they imagine a gamer isn't exactly a good thing for the industry, so the image of one of if not the best athletes in the world being a gamer is a really good thing.

I've often said that famous people or people who would make good role models should try and promote a positive image for the gaming industry and although Usain may not have been trying to do that it's the affect it's had anyway.

So there you go I've officially gotten into the spirit of the Olympics.

Follow me on Twitter @RobCarroll93 and sign up for blog alerts in the box above.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah good to know a famous person likes playstation,needs more famous names ou there

    Billie 93

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Billie I agree with you its good a famous person likes playstation. There are a lot of us out here that do.

    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't get away from the Olympics, but I think this short piece, is very in vogue at the mo. We all need to relax and what better way than gamimg

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usain Bolt is still the worlds fastest at 100m, wonder what will happen at the 200? Hope his playstation is handy -

    JB

    ReplyDelete