Wednesday, 15 August 2012

OnLive Gets New Games!

If you've read my posts on it before then you'll know I really like the cloud based gaming service OnLive. For those of you who don't know OnLive allows you to stream premium quality games onto your PC, Mac or Onlive console. It is very demanding on the Internet connection so isn't hugely popular yet but to be honest my 12mpbs connection runs it well enough for me not to notice that I'm streaming it.

When the service began it had mainly older games, and not many at that, but the potential was always there. I'm glad to say though that things seems to be rapidly changing with new games from THQ and Square Enix being made available for pre order, these games are Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs respectively.

These two games, based on what we know of them so far, could potentially be two of the biggest and best games this year and OnLive has them for pre order.

I can't stress enough how important this is for OnLive. If the service wants to develop and grow then it needs current games to be available for launch and it seems like this is starting to happen more and more frequently. The recently released expansion for Civilisation V was also immediately available and this is yet another indication that the service is really going places.

Watch this space.

If you've enjoyed this then please look at www.magictalkingpictures.blogspot.co.uk, mine and Alan's film and TV blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think OnLive will continue to grow and agree with you 'I can't stress enough how important this is for OnLive. If the service wants to develop and grow then it needs current games to be available for launch and it seems like this is starting to happen more and more frequently.'

    JB

    ReplyDelete