Friday, 7 September 2012

Bring Back Beast Wars

Recently I've been playing a lot of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and I've been loving it. The first game was fantastic and when I was a kid I loved the TV series, both the regular Transformers one and the Beast Wars one. Both of High Moon's games have been met with a decent degree of critical and commercial success so it won't be long until people start wondering what they will do next.

Back in 1997 a game came out for the PS1 called Transformers: Beast Wars and it was awful. Beast Wars itself I've always found to be pretty awesome and when I was a kid the fact that the game was a Beast Wars game was good enough for me, it's only with hindsight that I realised it's an awful game. So I what I hope that High Moon will do next is make a Beast Wars game.

Of course Beast Wars has never been as popular as Transformers so it is unlikely from this point of view and there is also the fact that High Moon have a lot of material to work with in the Transformers universe and so are more likely to simply produce some sort of a follow up to Fall of Cybertron. The fact is though that High Moon have taken the Transformers licence and created two master classes in gaming and if they took the Beast Wars licence then you can almost guarantee that the end result would be absolutely fantastic.

Of course this is little more than wishful thinking and I could well be in a minority here (pretty sure Alan agrees with me though!) but still, if High Moon make me a Beast Wars game I'll be a very happy man.

Follow on Twitter @RobCarroll, look at our YouTube page and sign up for blog alerts in the box above.

1 comment:

  1. +1 on this Rob. I used to watch Transformers and had their toys too, many a great game with some mates. But I like the new film and also the games.
    Keep it coming thats what I say

    Naj

    ReplyDelete