Monday, 24 September 2012

Minecraft Monday: Survival 1

So after several weeks of playing Minecraft at Alan's I've finally bought it for myself. Alongside our Minecraft Monday videos I'll now be doing a series on my story in the games survival mode which will run for as many weeks as I'm playing the game, so check back every Monday to see how things are going.

On my first day I didn't accomplish all that much, I wasn't really sure what to do but I managed to chop down some trees with my bare hands, build a crafting table, some planks and then a very small, very rudimentary house. I then spent my first night in doors listening to the screams and growls of the mobs outside, wondering when dawn would come so I could try and scavenge for food. Whilst I waited I decided it might be wise to check out the Minecraft wiki, whilst doing so I discovered how to make a furnace, a bed, and a stone pickaxe, axe and sword and then I spent my second day gathering food.

I collected several chunks of meat from cows and then returned home for the night, which I spent cooking the steaks and replenishing my hunger meter which by this stage was frighteningly close to empty. On the third and final day of my initial play on the game I went and explored a nearby cave, gathering coal to make torches and also gathering large quantities of rock to fortify my wooden home. I finished the house off by placing doors so that I didn't just block myself up every night.

So far my survival hasn't exactly been exciting but already the game is sinking its claws into me and I'm sure that it's only a matter of time until I start exploring deeper caves and finding better materials and eventually take on some mobs so that I can explore the world during the night. Check back next week to see what I've got up to.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly

    "already the game is sinking its claws into me"

    Just what any ex. game does.

    Welcome and enjoy

    ReplyDelete