Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Remembering The Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the most content rich games I have ever had the joy of playing. The sheer amount of content crammed into it is jaw dropping and this alone warrants it a place in the Wii's pantheon of great games but it's real achievement is just how fun it is.

When it first came out one of my friend's bought it and I truly cannot count the amount of days that me and my friends spent playing it with him. In all my years with the game I have only ever met one person who hasn't loved the game and that, I am sad to say, is our very own Alan here. Please feel free to crucify him in the comments below.

Though I may have only recently bought myself a Wii the temptation has been there since before the console launched and it was games like Smash Bros. that had me tempted. When I was playing with my friend at the time I didn't own a console from this generation because the PS3 was too expensive and I couldn't decide between Microsoft and Nintendo so my friend used this as one of his games to attempt to sell me the idea of buying a Wii instead of a 360.

I haven't played all of the Smash Bros. games (I've never played it on the N64) but certainly both Brawl and Melee are incredible games though it's always been Brawl that has been my favourite and it's the sheer mass of content that draws me to it. There's the excellent side scrolling single player story, single player brawling, achievements and of course the multiplayer brawls that really define the game and make it the masterpiece that it is and makes it one of the Wii games worth remembering.

If anyone has any suggestions for other Wii games worth remembering feel free to leave them in the comments below and so long as I can get my hands on a copy I might just include them in my Remembering the Wii series.

No comments:

Post a Comment