Monday, 12 November 2012

Wii U in a Week!

So by the end of this week many of you people in North America will finally be enjoying the Wii U and its launch games. The Wii is dead and the Wii U will rise. Us here in Europe have to wait until the end of the month and I, due to an unfortunate lack of funds, will have to wait probably until February or March to get one. I am definitely getting one though and I will review it alongside any games that I get for it.

The thing that gets me though is that the Wii U is almost here and yet there are still plenty of unanswered questions. How powerful is it? How will it compare/compete with the Xbox 720 and PS4? What are the launch window games we don't know about and when will we hear about them? How will the console cope without big third party franchises like Grand Theft Auto and Bioshock and, most importantly, when will we get Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros. Mario Kart and 3D Mario?

All of these questions are ones that need answering before the end of March and hopefully the answers to all of them will be satisfactory, ill get one regardless but the answers to these questions will decide whether the Wii U is my main console or playing second to my PS3 and I don't doubt that many other people are saying similar things.

The console certainly looks good and first party titles like New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3 look like they will be really great games and of course exclusives like ZombiU and Bayonetta 2 stand a pretty decent chance of being truly jaw dropping. If you ask me, despite the naysayers, the Wii U is in a strong position. Nintendo know how to make great consoles, they know how to make great games and they know how to do it in a way that no other company does it, I have faith in them and I have faith in the Wii U and I look forward to seeing it dominate this Christmas and most of next year as it patiently waits for its rivals to strike.

3 comments:

  1. Sure it will be a success and the 'unanswered questions' will be sorted.

    Why is it the States get it before us so not fair.

    Oh well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def think this will be big, they get it right most times.

    Billie93

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could afford this when it comes out here but am going to have to wait til the New Year as most of my cash has to go on other things like living food and Christmas. Oh well will try to be patient I suppose - not easy.

    JB

    ReplyDelete