Monday, 24 December 2012

33 Games 1 Month - Failure

It's time to admit it, I've failed the challenge. I've got 23 games left to complete and only 7 days left and if I could do that I wouldn't have had any problems with the challenge to begin with. As I've failed (I hate saying that) I think it's time to actually (in depth) describe why I started the challenge, what I was doing and why I failed.

For a long time I had wanted to buy a better PS3, but I didn't want to redo everything I had accomplished, when my old PS3 broke I no longer had a choice so I pulled out all the games I had to complete again, it's when I did this that Rob proposed the challenge so we sorted through the games and came out with 33 games to complete in a month. The games we chose in the order I would have played them were:
  1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  2. Metal Gear Solid 4
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3
  4. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
  5. Red Dead Redemption
  6. Dante's Inferno
  7. The Darkness
  8. Assassin's Creed
  9. Assassin's Creed 2
  10. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  11. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  12. Resistance: Fall of Man
  13. Resistance 2
  14. Resistance 3
  15. God of War
  16. God of War 2
  17. God of War 3
  18. Bayonetta
  19. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  20. Skyrim
  21. Guitar Hero 3
  22. Guitar Hero: World Tour
  23. Guitar Hero: Metallica
  24. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
  25. Prince of Persia
  26. Uncharted 2
  27. Uncharted 3
  28. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  29. The Darkness 2
  30. Dishonored
  31. Darksiders 2
  32. Assassin's Creed 3
  33. Fallout: New Vegas
I chose these games as most of them were ones I had already completed and I chose the order because of how much I liked the game because they had some significance to the history of my old PS3. Fallout: New Vegas was always going to be a problem in the challenge as 1) I had never completed it before and 2) from what I've heard it's a very long game.

There were some rules Rob set for the challenge and some I set for myself. The main rules were to just complete all the games in a month (obviously) and I only needed to complete the main storyline, it had to be at least on the normal or standard difficulty and I couldn't have any help from other people if I got stuck.

In the end I failed because there were just too many games, too many were long games, there were too many days I couln't play and after awhile I just ran out of steam practically slowing to a halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment