Thursday, 6 December 2012

My PS3 Has Ceased to Be

"My PS3 has died"

"Nah" taps cage "it's just sleeping"

Sleeping? It's dead! Gone away! Laid to rest! This PS3 is no more! It has ceased to be!"

Sorry but that just had to be done.

In a cruel twist of fate my PS3 has broken! I'm sure most of you probably read Alan's sad news that his broke on Saturday night and, in case you hadn't noticed, he has a new one and is now doing a diary of him trying to complete 33 games in one month. Sadly I don't have his vast wealth, nor his insanely generous and apparently loaded parents so ill have to wait for a long time to get one.

What does this mean for the blog?

Well quite a bit actually. I won't be reviewing PS3 games for a while (forever???) but I will still keep abreast of all the PS3 news and rumours and will of course still cover the PS3 on the blog quite extensively. The other thing it will change is it will allow for more retro features to make their way onto this site. For several months now I have wanted to buy all of Nintendo's consoles and build a games collection for each one. This was largely in anticipation of the Wii U but also because there is so much great stuff that I have missed out on over the years.

This is where Alan steps in.

Alan has leant me his GameBoy Colour, along with Pokemon Red, Mortal Kombat 3 and Blade. This means I'm not game less for the foreseeable future and means my retro coverage can truly begin. I will be doing a Replay of Pokemon Red and a review of Blade as well as (possibly) a review of Mortal Kombat 3. Also, my Christmas present from Alan will be a trip to our local game shop and a purchase of either a NES, SNES or N64 and a game or two so there will be even more retro coverage coming soon.

This doesn't mean that all of our usual stuff will end. We do usually focus mainly on current stuff (apart from the odd post and our Replay series) but so many blogs and YouTube channels I love focus on retro and modern games and so I thought we should probably do it too. The more games the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment