Thursday, 31 January 2013

Franchises I've Missed Out On

Over the years I have missed out on some pretty big franchises, indeed it wasn't until last year that I played The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time (my first Zelda game) for the first time. So I thought I'd confess my gaming sins and share with you some of the famous series I have never played. I may also, later on down the line, do a YouTube series where I play these games and share my impressions of them.

Final Fantasy

I have played X and X-2 for about five minutes but apart from that I have never played these games, not even the ones as beloved as VII. It's not that I dislike RPGs or don't think that the games look cool, I've just never spent the time to pick the games up.

Devil May Cry

I was pretty young when this series got big and I don't really know anyone who was into them so I didn't ever hear about the games. In fact it's only with the recently released DmC that I've really had my interest in the series sparked. Ill probably pick up one of the older games soon.

Banjo series

Nintendo fans recoil! I have never played Banjo and Kazooie or Banjo Tooie or Banjo anything! The series looks incredible but when the N64 was out I could only play it when I went to a friends house so there were plenty of series that I missed out on, this being the most notable.

Castlevania

This is a big one, spanning numerous decades and numerous consoles. I have never played one of these, not even briefly. I've seen a bit of footage over the years but nothing major. I really have no clue about the games. This isn't because they don't look cool, it's not even because I haven't had the money to buy any of them its just that whenever I buy a game it's never been one of these. There is no reason and hopefully one day ill get into them.

Syphon Filter

As an avid PlayStation fan it's pretty terrible that I've never played one of these. The thing is that when I had a PSone I had never heard of them and to be honest it's only in recent years that I've heard about them again and I don't have the old consoles so I can't play them. Maybe if it comes back ill check it out.

So there you go, I've confessed my sins. What about you, any series you've missed out on over the years?

1 comment:

  1. Jeez probably missed out on tons but no real regrets. Dream on but wouldn't it be great to play everything that comes out, no prob not wouldn't get a bloody thing done. Not that I'm admitting anything but I was like you Zelda sort of passed me by but I survived ok

    ReplyDelete