Monday, 25 February 2013

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Demo Impressions

As I mentioned in my recent piece about major franchises that I've never played, I have never played a Castlevania game. However the new game for 3DS, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate (what a mouthful!) looked really cool so I tried the demo.

The demo takes place as you approach a castle and the first thing to hit me was that I really like the style. It's a side scrolling game reminiscent of the 2D Castlevania games but it uses 3D graphics to provide quite good looking, well detailed characters and environments. The graphics are far from perfect but it is a pretty looking game.

The combat system was simple to grasp and was good fun but there is certainly a lot of depth to be found as you play more and go in deeper. You do the usual mix of light and heavy attacks and can double jump much as you would expect. With the basic enemies the demo starts you against any attack is fine and it was awesome to hook onto them and rush them with attacks but as you play further through the demo and get ready to enter the castle you fight some bigger foes who require some well times dodging and more advanced combos to defeat.

The trailers and gameplay demos for this game already had me interested but the demo really excelled at making me want to play more. The game is around a month away and I look forward to getting it and reviewing for you all. If you have a 3DS you should definitely download the demo and give the game a go.

I've got the demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS downloading so I will hopefully have a first impressions post up about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment