Monday, 4 March 2013

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Announced!

So it's officially official, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is coming to just about everything in the world on Tuesday 29th October.

What a surprise.

After the shambles that was Assassin's Creed 3 I can hardly say the prospect of a game tied in with that story (you will be Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather) excite's me. Though the apparently seamless open world is a good idea I expect the game, which features lots of pirating and ship battling, will stray even further from the series' stealthy roots. I know they have said the game will feature many approaches, including stealth, but after AC3 I find it hard to trust them.

I am glad it will be on all of the consoles though, that is good news for those of us who may not be able to afford a PS4 or Wii U (or maybe even a 720).

Still, despite me craving an open world pirate game for years, I don't really want it in the form of Assassin's Creed, especially when the modern day parts simply involve you as an Abstergo researcher trying to find out more about Desmond's ancestors. This isn't necessarily a bad idea but I highly doubt it will make the modern day story satisfying because the series has never achieved this.

Essentially the game looks pretty but I doubt it will be very Assassin's Creedy and after AC3 my faith in Ubisoft is severely crippled.

Check back on November 5th for my full review to see if I can be made to eat these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment