Monday, 27 October 2014

Console Wars: Controller Wars

When it comes to console wars or even just console gaming in general, people always focus on the graphics, the online features, the media features, exclusive games, power and even the look of the console. It seems to me very people really consider the controller. I know Sony put a lot of attention on the Dualshock 4 but that was mainly because the Dualshock 3 was such a train wreck of a controller. 

But think about it, the vast majority of the time you spend using your console is done with a controller in your hands. I'd say it's in the top three most important things, after games and specs, that go into a good console. In fact the reason I'm currently enjoying my Xbox One over my PS4 (I'll do a comparison post down the line) is because the controller is so much better. Of course as time goes on the PS4 may well swing back into favour, I've only had the Xbox One a short while after all. 

The point being I don't feel people pay enough attention to the controller and I feel like, whether used in a console argument or not, the issue should be given far more priority than it currently is. I may even do a run down of my favourite controllers of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment