Friday, 17 October 2014

Play Expo 2014

Play Expo is the largest gaming event in the north of England, hundreds of arcade cabinets, pinball machines, consoles and PCs are set up, along with stalls selling games, board games, trading cards and merchandise as a well as a space for cosplay competitions and for developers to give talks. 

Sony had 100 PS4s set up with games like Driveclub, Octodad, Oddworld New N' Tasty and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Consoles from Nintendo's Virtual Boy to Sega's Saturn and Sony's PS3 were there and there were sections of multiple consoles from different eras dedicated to a whole series, like Star Wars, which showed you the game through the ages. 

I managed to play on an Atari Jaguar (which I've always wanted to do), try out the original Mario Bros. and play Atari's Star Wars. I also dabbled in some Octodad and some Metro Redux. On top of all this I met some fantastic YouTubers. 

It was an excellent weekend and if you're into gaming then I'd fully recommend it! 














2 comments:

  1. luv to read what you've said but background print colour not right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try and fix that

      Delete