Tuesday, 13 January 2015

My Most Anticipated Games of 2015

Barring any unexpected delays and assuming publishers actually allow developers to finish games before they ship them, 2015 should be a very good year for games, with all three of the current generation consoles really hitting their stride. All three consoles have seen great games so far but this is the first year where all three of them look set to receive amazing games and move away from a reliance on remasters and rehashes.

As I do every year I thought I'd share a run down of my most anticipated games of 2015, starting from least to most.

5: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I loved the Witcher 2 and I'm really enjoying The Witcher novels, with the addition of a fully open world this series should be ready to join the RPG big leagues.

4: Star Wars: Battlefront 3
Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 are two of my favourite games of all time and Dice are one of my favourite multiplayer game developers, in theory these two together cannot fail. I hope this sticks to its 2015 release date and delivers on its potential.

3: Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocksteady improved on Arkham Asylum in every conceivable way with Arkham City and I'm pretty confident that they can do the same with Arkham Knight following on from Arkham City. This should be amazing and I dearly hope it leads into a Justice League game.

2: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
When I played Uncharted 3 I grinned from ear to ear for almost the entire time. Uncharted was good, Uncharted 2 was great, Uncharted 3 was a masterpiece. Uncharted 4 should, if there is any justice in the world, be utterly awe inspiring.

1: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Hideo Kojima is an unrivalled genius and this game has the potential to bring gaming's greatest series full circle. If he manages to achieve this it should be the greatest game of all time. If it isn't, he has failed.


No comments:

Post a Comment