Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Deadpool Movie Impressions

I don’t know if I buy into the idea of someone being born to play someone but, as Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds certainly smashes things out of the park. I know I’m a tad late to the bandwagon with this but I went to see Deadpool on Sunday and went in with very high expectations, all of which were surpassed.


I’m aware of the character of Deadpool despite not having read any comics which feature him and I was thrilled to see how well they captured all of his most famous aspects. The Merc with the Mouth indeed! The film constantly breaks the fourth wall, rips jokes left right and centre, taking aim at Hollywood, superhero movies, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Hugh Jackman, The Avengers and even Ryan Reynolds.


The film tells Deadpool’s origin story, introducing us to a couple of X-men (Colossus is awesome), sets up the idea of potential X-men/Deadpool cross overs and delivers some great superhero action. The film is consistently funny, consistently surprising in terms of how ‘out there’ it is compared to other comic book movies and it does not outstay its’ welcome. It even trolls the idea of the post credits scene. making you wait until the absolute end - a lot of people missed it when I went to see it.

Deadpool was funny, violent, vulgar, smashed the fourth wall to pieces - it was everything you could hope for from a Deadpool movie and I can’t wait for the sequel.

'Paint me like one of your French girls Jack'

No comments:

Post a Comment